I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Sunday 29 March 2015

Spring into progress, by Stevie Haston.


So finally climbing ok, not great, not even close, but ok, or ok plus. It's important for people to understand that it's not that easy to get good, and it's not easy to come back after injury. I have had a very bad knee which is still bad, but I saw the light at the end of the tunnel today. I have also been battling low to zero motivation and depression, not so depressed that I'll crash a plane with all its passengers, but the kindda depression that thinks I prefer four beers to a vegetable juice and I really don't want to train. Well actually it's been worse than that but I don't want to whine, I'd rather have a measured smallish glass.


The weather has been awful which probably helps you understand how spoilt I am but it has been the worst winter Malta has had for many a long year.


 This is a giant Fennel and I measured one at 3 meters tall! Its been wet, wet, wet! My last training session I ticked 1304 pull ups I think, this gave me real hope. Yes I am fat, and yes I am old, but I will climb fairly well again. The sun certainly did the job of cheer today. Did 2x 6a, and 6x 7s, had sore feet and finger skin. 


This is another little new cliff with a very sunny aspect, I'll have to do some routes here befor it warms up, because for sure it will be infernal. Any way if your training and stuck in a hole, don't give up, keep at it. If your depressed, don't for folk sakes crash the plane Ok, just smash a plate, or cry. See you all on the other side of the great divide.