I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Thursday 26 September 2013

Strong or fit for climbing, by Stevie Haston.


Feeling weak recently led me to change my training routine, and dramatically at that. I had been feeling very tired after climbing for 5 months and was sick from a rubbish diet full of toxins. All of my friends thought it was old age creeping up on me and catching me. I was desperately hoping it wasn't. Anyway nothing was really working, until a final bit of the puzzle fell into place, or should I say out!



After an emergency visit to a dentist, some horrible stuff, and a serious infection was sorted out. This coupled, with a strict and low volume, but hight intensity training workout, has resulted in feeling strong again, I hesitate to say fit, because I don't think I am fit, I,am strong. I also put on a few pounds of fat, due laying around. So it looks like you can defiantly perk yourself by eating good eggs and a bit of heavy pulling. Its done little for my climbing, but I don't care, I'd rather feel strong. Plenty of time to get good at climbing now that I feel young again.

So 5 sets of pulls with  a charge
     5 sets of bent over rows heavy as you can
     5 sets of pull overs
    3 sets of clean and jerk,  with about 10 or 12 reps

And a few dozen eggs a week. Lots of sleep. Its very boring, but seems to work.